Time for another Top Five! This one is five books I’d love to see as movies or tv shows. Adaptations of a book series can either be a hit – Harry Potter – or a miss – the Beautiful Creatures movie – but these are books I’d love to see an amazing adaptation of, if they ever become movies or tv shows.
1) ‘Wicked‘ by Gregory Maguire. Rumours of a movie adaptation have been floating about for years now, but I’m still holding out hope it’ll happen. It would be amazing to be able to go see Wicked on the big screen, instead of having to travel a long way to go see it on stage somewhere. Also, how awesome would it be for Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth to reprise their roles as Elphaba and Galinda for the movie?
2) These next two are by the same author, but just as equally good. First of all, a tv adaptation of ‘Noughts And Crosses’ by Malorie Blackman would be the best thing ever. There’s four books in the series, and if it was done well, a tv show would be pretty epic.
3) Also by Blackman, there’s the book ‘Boys Don’t Cry’ which is a favourite of both mine and my younger sister’s. It deals with teen parenthood, sexuality, and acceptance of all kinds, and I would kill whoever necessary if it meant I’d get this made into a movie. I’m serious.
4) Also quite a serious book, it would be very cool to have a well done adaptation of ‘Hush Hush’ by Becca Fitzpatrick. I know a lot of people don’t like this series, but I do, and if it was done right, it could be a huge success. Also, imagine Robert Sheehan as Patch…. Right?
5) Ending on a lighter note, I think a movie of ‘Anna and The French Kiss’ by Stephanie Perkins would be an instant box office hit. After all, who wouldn’t love Etienne St Clair? I can think of a few options to play him in a movie off the top of my head – check out the fancast I did for this book if you want to see my visions.
Which books would you kill your own mother to see on the screen? I want to know your adaptation dreams and ideas – I really do. Comment!