It’s Christmas time! I’m really getting into the Christmas mood – I even have a playlist for the most festive of all holidays – and that also goes for my reading and blogging.
This is the Christmas Song book tag, and I’ve had these written in my blog notebook since Halloween. It was created by Fandoms On The Run (I think it is anyway, since their post doesn’t say who it was made by), so go check out their blog.
– “You’re A Mean One, Mr Grinch,” Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
I know this is going to be a sort of spoiler, but I can’t help but love Maven from ‘Red Queen.’ He’s just tugged at my heartstrings one too many times for me not to love him!
– “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” Which book do you most hope to find under your Christmas tree?
I’m not expecting to get any fiction books, but I do really want the Secret Garden adult colouring book. It’s a really good quality one, and the illustrations you can colour in are absolutely exquisite. Can I get that?
– “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer,” Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
I’m choosing Jeremy from ‘Fans of The Impossible Life’ for this one, because he’s such an important character and he goes from being really introverted and shy to having friends and believing in himself. Yay Jeremy!
– “Santa Claus is Coming To Town,” A character at the top of the naughty list/ a character at the top of the nice list.
Hmmm…. Umbridge is definitely at the top of Santa’s naughty list for all eternity. No question about that. At the top of the nice list though, I’m going to put Blue from ‘Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’ there. I won’t say exactly who Blue is, but he listens to Simon and helps him with his family troubles and school problems, and being such an awesome guy. I love Blue….
– “Frosty The Snowman,” A book which just melts your heart.
A book that is guaranteed to make me melt is basically any of Lindsay Kelk’s ‘I Heart’ series, especially the first one, ‘I Heart New York.’ It’s cute and fluffy, and I love it.
– “Feliz Navidad,’ A book that takes place somewhere other than your home country.
I’ve only ever read one book set in Northern Ireland, but I’m going to go for George R.R Martin’s ‘A Song of Ice And Fire’ series, which is set in the fictional world of Westeros. I would say that I want to live in Westeros, but on second thought, no. I do not want to live there.
–“It’s The Most Wonderful Time of Year,” Which holiday themed book do you use to spread Christmas joy?
There is no other answer for this besides ‘Little Women’ by Louisa May Alcott. After all it starts with the line,
“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents.”
– “Sleigh Ride,” Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with? (Doesn’t have to be a love interest.)
Duh! It’s going to be Cath from ‘Fangirl!’ We could stay up all night on Christmas Eve writing Simon and Baz Xmas AU’s and bounce ideas off each other, and have an amazingly dorky time together as two fangirls.
– “Baby It’s Cold Outside,” Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to keep yourself warm?
If I had the choice, I wouldn’t burn any book at all (sacrilege!), but if I really have to choose a book, I choose ‘The School For Good And Evil’ by Soman Chainani. Ugh. Never has there been a worse book in my hands. I couldn’t even finish it.
– “Do You Hear What I Hear?’ Which book do you think everyone should read?
Everyone should read ‘Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry’ – no questions asked. It’s just as powerful as ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ and it’s a series as well, so you don’t have to end it on the last page of the one book.