After Halloween is done and dusted, everyone will be looking to Christmas. I am no exception. I shall be writing up a wishlist of books that I want people to get me for Christmas – they can pick and choose from that list, or simply get me book vouchers or gift cards.
These are five of the books I’d love Santa to bring me for Christmas.
1) ‘Leaves of Grass’ by Walt Whitman. This guy had some serious poetic skills, and some of his poems verge on erotic. Very sexy, for that time period at least.
2) ‘Lola and The Boy Next Door’ by Stephanie Perkins. I have ‘Anna and The French Kiss’ already, so I need the next two books in the series, WITH THE SAME COVERS! I want them all to look similar on the bookshelf instead of totally different editions with different covers.
3) ‘Cinder’ by Marissa Meyer. The cover for this book is just so damn pretty, and if I could get all the Lunar Chronicles together, that would be even better. (hint, hint!)
4) The French translation of ‘Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets’ by J.K Rowling. I have the first book in French, and I love collecting books, so I would really love this one to add to my collection of books in French/German.
5) ‘The Scorch Trials’ by James Dashner. Again, I have the first one in the series – Maze Runner – and I wish to continue collecting. There really is nothing like the feeling of getting closer to having a whole book series on your shelf.