‘Better days are coming – they’re called Saturday and Sunday.’
Well, not this Friday, because the topic for this Top Five is book BFFs that I wish I had. You know who I mean – those amazing friends that book characters have to help them through their troubles. This list was surprisingly easy to come up with.
5) Samwise Gamgee from J.R.R Tolkien’s ‘Lord of The Rings’ series. He’s loyal, and with his heart in the right place even if he doesn’t always have the right courage to do what has to be done. He’s truly Frodo’s best friend, and I want my own Sam.
4) Next is the Eyllwe princess Nehemia from the ‘Throne of Glass’ series by Sarah J Maas. She is truly a badass character, and she didn’t deserve her fate. I absolutely love Nehemia and she would definitely be in my friend group as the leader.
3) Every friendship group needs a peacekeeper, which is why I choose ‘Jane Eyre’s’ Helen Burns (without the tuberculosis, natch!) for my third group BFF. She was one of Jane’s only friends at Lowood Institute, and I would like a friend like her.
2) This group can’t be all girls, can it? Thus I give you, the geek of the group – Simon Lewis from the ‘The Mortal Instruments’ series by Cassandra Clare. Like me, he’s a proud geek and we could have some fun games of Dungeons and Dragons. That brings us to number one….
1) My ultimate book BFF is the one, the only Hermione Jean Granger! She’s brave, and clever, and so so kind, but she doesn’t let emotions get in the way of doing what’s right. She’s the ultimate fictional girl for me, and she would be that friend that you have a secret crush on, even though you know you’d never have any chance.
There’s my five book BFFs that I wish I had – who would be your fictional best friends? Comment below and be my book best friend? Pretty please?