“Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair.”
What if I was trapped in a tower, guarded by a fierce dragon, and could only have five books with me? That’s both a fairytale and a nightmare all in one. However, it does give me the idea for this week’s Top Five Friday.
5) La Symphonie Pastorale by Gide. This French novel was the book I studied for A Level French, and if I’m going to be stuck in a tower with only five books, one of them is going to have to be something I can exercise my brain with.
4) I’d also have to stretch out each book as much as possible, so I also choose the epic Lord of The Rings. An omnibus, obviously. I don’t want to go through all my books in just a few days.
3) A classic novel wouldn’t go amiss either, so I choose Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Since I’d be locked in the tower, I could really identify with Bertha Rochester, the mad wife.
2) What book collection would be complete without a Harry Potter book? Of course, I’m going to choose my all time favourite HP book – The Prisoner of Azkaban. The Marauders can keep me company in my ivory tower.
1) And finally, my number one book for my fairytale tower is going to be the ever amazing and fluffy Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli! This book never fails to make me smile, and if I’m going to be stuck on my own, I can create my own company, with Simon and Blue.
What would be your fairytale tower books?