Happy Friday everyone! TGIF, to be honest. This week’s top five is my five character names I’d call my kids after. I love names inspired by book characters – my name for example, is the name of the first Mrs De Winter from Daphne du Maurier’s ‘Rebecca.’ Anyway, here we go.
1) Basically any of the Weasley family. Molly, Arthur, Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred (OMG, yes!), George, Ron or Ginny – any of those names are on the list for my future offspring. I don’t even care if none of my children turn out to be gingers, I will still call them any of the above names.
2) Blue. I’ve got this one in my head right now, since I’ve been reading ‘The Raven Boys’ recently, but I genuinely do think that the name Blue is a really pretty name for a baby girl.
3) Hermione. Naturally, I’m not going to pass over my ultimate favourite heroine – have we met? If not as a first name,then I will quite happily settle for a middle name, because I am determined to have a child named Hermione.
4) Jace. I’m also strangely attracted to this name – from the ‘Mortal Instruments’ – for some reason. Maybe because it’s from a character who is a smart-ass, but also very handsome. I would like a good-looking child. *backs away slowly*
5) Fitzwilliam. Okay, this one’s a reserve choice just in case, but I do have a slight preference for this name if I got the opportunity to give my son this name. It’s a very regal name, the name of Mr Darcy from the always popular classic, ‘Pride and Prejudice’, and imagine how cool it would be to say, “Oh yes, my son Fitzwilliam just won a school award for so-and-so.” That would be awesome.
So there are my top five (technically, top THIRTEEN) book characters I would name my kids after. Wow, that’s a lot.
What book character names would you give your kids? Seriously, comments below – I love to talk to people!!