I admit, I was actually nominated by The Lit Mermaid (ages ago!) but I forgot all about it until recently when I was nominated by Alice from AliceAndHerLookingGlass, so now I’m finally doing this. Let’s get this done.
So, what is this?
This award was created by the blog Edge of Night, to give bloggers a chance to be recognised and, in turn, to celebrate the bloggers of their choice. I think it’s pretty awesome actually.
And if you’re nominated, what do you do?
1: Nominate 15 other blogs you want to give the award to! And really dig around for these – you can’t nominate yourself or the person who nominated you.
2: Create a post to show off your award. And give a little backstory to your blog, and your personal blogging journey. Also, give some advice to other bloggers about blogging, and the blogosphere. Also, thank whoever nominated you, and include your award in the post – do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above.
3: Comment on the 15 blogs to let them know that you are nominating them.
4: And provide a link back to the original creator of the award, Edge of Night, so that we can all keep track of the award and who has been nominated!
My Blog Backstory:
I’ve been blogging since April now, and it sort of all started from me starting to read lots of book blogs. One of the first blogs I read was BloggersBookshelf, and I still read them now actually. After a while of reading book blogs, it got me thinking, “What if I start a blog?” From there, everything just sort of snowballed into what it is now.
My blog has become my absolute pride and joy, and I’m coming up with ideas for posts a lot easier than I did when I was a total newbie.
What advice do I have for bloggers? I guess the main one is just to have fun with it. If you don’t enjoy blogging, it’ll come across in your posts, and besides, what’s the point of doing it if it’s not fun? You should enjoy blogging and being a part of an online community .
Also, if you’re a newbie blogger, you really should plan your posts – at least at the beginning until you get into the rhythm of posting regularly. It genuinely does help.
1. Bloggers Bookshelf – http://bloggersbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk
2. Two Sisters Bloggin – http://twosistersbloggin.blogspot.ca/
3. BooksABlog – http://www.booksablog.com
4. HusbandAndHusband – http://husbandandhusband.net
5. That Cover Girl – https://thatcovergirl.wordpress.com
6. The Little Book Affair – https://thelittlebookaffair.wordpress.com
7. Books And Cleverness – https://bookscleverness.wordpress.com
8. Scatterbooker – https://scatterbooker.wordpress.com/
9. Bookshelf Battle – http://bookshelfbattle.com
10. Mostly YA Book Obsessed – http://mostlyyabookobsessed.com/
11. Read Sleep Repeat – http://www.readsleeprepeat.org/
12. Book Nerd Rambling – http://booknerdrambling.blogspot.co.uk
13. Not Adam And Steve – notadamandsteve.com
14. The Quiet People – http://www.thequietpeople.com
15. Burn Or Buy That Book – http://burnorbuythatbook.com
Again, thank you so much to the Lit Mermaid and Alice And Her Looking Glass for their nominations – I love you both!