How did I not find this tag before?! I am after all Irish (ok, I’m Northern Irish, so ssh!) so I figured it’s time I did this. This tag was created by Snogging On Sunday Books on YouTube, and I will link the original video at the bottom.
1. Green: A book with a green cover
I’ve just realised I don’t have many green-covered books on my shelf! Oops. However I do have one and it’s a great book – Inheritance by Christopher Paolini! It’s a great ending to the Inheritance series, if a little long. The book itself could double as a doorstop. That’s how thick it is.
2. Blarney: A book that was overhyped and you ended up disliking it
It wasn’t so much that I disliked it, but I just didn’t get into Fangirl the way a lot of people have done. I liked it well enough, but it just didn’t get me excited.
3. Brogue: A book where one of the characters has an accent.
I recently read ‘The Girl In The Steel Corset’ and the Cockney accent gets me every time – Jack Dandy, you scoundrel, how can I resist your cheeky Cockney?
4. Leprechaun: A book you enjoyed when you were a little person.
Ooh, that’s a hard one. I guess I would have to say….The Broons and Oor Wullie. I used to look forward to seeing these in the Sunday Post every week, and I still have the books upstairs on the shelf. The Broons were the original large family (long before Cheaper By The Dozen) and Wullie was just hilarious. Seriously, go check ’em out.
5. Pot of Gold: A book that cost you a lot or is of great value to you.
There’s this picture book I got when I was three, and it’s still in perfect condition. I would never give it up, not ever.
6. Four-leaf clover: Pick your current favorite series.
Right now I’m absolutely in love with the Raven Boys series by Maggie Stiefvater – Adam Parrish is bae, and I’m pretty sure I want to name my first daughter Blue.
7. Magic: A book where you enjoyed the magic element that was found in the storyline.
Poison Study by Maria V Snyder. I loved the magic element to it, and how Valek’s immune to magic. This is a book I would read over and over again, so no dissing.
8. Kiss: Your current favorite or your all time favorite book pairing/couple.
Currently I am favouring the aforementioned Blue and Adam from The Raven Boys series. They’re just adorable together, and make me want to burst with happiness when I read them.
9. Luck: A book on your shelf that you will luckily get to…someday.
I really want to read Outlander by Diana Gabaldo, but I just haven’t had the opportunity to read yet. I’ve watched the show though, and it looks really good, so I’m desperate to read it.
10. Jig: A book that you don’t currently own that would make you dance with joy if you got it.
The new illustrated editions of Harry Potter? Hey, you can never have too many copies of these brilliant books.
The original video:
I tag anyone to do this – post a link below if you do it, and I’ll check out your blog.