I saw this on Youtube, and just had to do it because Mean Girls is one of the most iconic movies ever created – it’s so fetch! See, it’s catching on? This tag was created by TheBookLife and all the questions belong to her. If you do this tag, comment below and gimme the link for it because I want to see other answers to them.
1. “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?
I usually don’t mispronounce character’s names, but world names on the other hand…that’s a whole other story. The one that comes to mind here is the books of Pellinor series by Alison Croggon. Words like Edil-Amarandh , and Dén Raven – Am I meant to know how to exactly pronounce these? I don’t think so.
2. “She doesn’t even go here!” – Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?
I think Daenerys from A Song Of Ice and Fire would be interesting in the dragon rider world of the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini. She is the Mother of Dragons, and also an awesomely badass character, so I’d love to see her take charge of the Varden.
3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” – Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you deja vu of another book whilst reading it?
Probably the closest I’ve ever had to this would be dystopian novels in general, but it’s not really deja vu as much as just recognising similarities between them.
4. “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.” – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
I don’t have an answer for this because the books that interest me don’t have anything that degrades women or is anti-girlpower. I tend to gravitate naturally towards more female-empowering books.
5. “You go Glen Coco!” – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
“DAENERYS! DAENERYS!” ‘Nuff said.
6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
Usually I just go to the bookshop near where the bus station is, because it’s the only proper bookshop near me, but whenever I go, I usually only have like half an hour or 45 minutes until my bus, so I can’t dawdle around and browse for too long. I make the most of my time though, and I’d happily spend hours in there.
7. “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
Easy choice – Hermione from the Harry Potter series. She’s my ultimate girl crush, and if she were real, I’d probably be the biggest stalker in the world. Ha ha! However I wouldn’t be a creepy stalker and send her really freaky stuff, that’s just messed up. She deserves better.
8. “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” – Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?
I haven’t read it yet, but I’m really cautious about reading Kiera Cass’ book The Selection. There’s a lot of hype about it in the book blogging community and on Booktube, and I sort of like the look of it, but I’m not sure what it’ll be like if the book isn’t quite as good as what I want it to be.
9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” – We all love Regina George. Name a villain you just love to hate.
I know he’s not a proper villain in the end, but I choose Severus Tobias Snape as the villain I love to hate. For about 95% of the Harry Potter series, I hated Snape but it was a weird hate. I’m the first to admit that I’m attracted to the bad boy, the mysterious one, and Snape does it for me, but a lot of the stuff he does before his redemption makes me hate him. Ugh, fangirl problems.
10. “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.” – Your favourite fictional parents.
My favourite fictional parents, surprise surprise, are Mr And Mrs Weasley in the HP series. Raising all those kids, two of whom being notorious troublemakers, can’t have been easy, but Molly and Arthur muddle along happily and they’re amazing parents to all the Weasley kids, as well as being practically adoptive parents to Harry. Three cheers to Arthur and Molly
11. “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
I would love it if the books of Pellinor caught on, because they are just so amazingly underrated and they deserve to be passed around and discussed, and have a movie of, just like other book series like the Mortal Instruments or the HP series. Cadvan of Lirigon is so fetch!
12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” – Describe your ideal character to read about.
In guys, I love reading about male characters who are perhaps morally ambiguous sometimes, but they just own that. They’re bad and they know it. Cheeky one-liners are preferred but not required.
With my female characters, I love characters who can hold their own in a fight – supernatural or otherwise – and who don’t totally fall to pieces over a guy. Girls with self-respect.
13. “I just have a lot of feelings.” – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?
When I come down with a case of the feels, I just sit there, squealing for a while or just swooning, and I have a smile on my face that could probably light up the whole of NYC.
14. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your Mom’s chest hair!” – Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
Magnus Bane has several one liners that I would kill for – “Move it along, teenagers – the only person who gets to canoodle in my bedroom is my magnificent self.” Pure gold.
15. “Boo, you whore.” – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes.
Just one time? Oh, there are so many of these moments….. But I’ll have to go with Harry flying off to the Ministry in the Order of Phoenix. That was such a dumbass move when the right thing to do would have been to contact the Order. Then again, Harry Potter isn’t known for rational thinking, right?
I tag anyone who wants to do this, since Mean Girls is kinda universal.
Follow me on my social media, and please comment below! I love getting messages and talking to online peeps. Love you all 🙂